Solaris Internals and Performance FAQ
Updates to this wiki are available via an RSS Feed.
Pardon our dust!!!
We've just upgraded solarisinternals.com to a faster dual-core AMD system. Sorry for any downtime during the migration to the new server. We're still running on snv23 inside a zone today, and we'll be upgrading to a later release at some stage (although, snv23 is (somewhat remarkably) serving us very well!).
Solaris Performance Wiki
About the Wiki
The Solaris Performance Wiki is in prototype phase. We are developing a community to provide a go-to reference for the key information related to Solaris Performance. Here we aim to provide a top level index to the essential performance information, by either linking to existing references (blogs etc...) and providing original documentation where necessary. Please update the WishList with items you want to see on the Wiki.
Discussions about these Solaris Performance topics are held via the OpenSolaris Web Site.
- OpenSolaris Performance Community
- OpenSolaris Observability Community
- OpenSolaris DTrace Community
- OpenSolaris ZFS Community
The Solaris Performance Wiki is organized into the following categories:
- Key Solaris Performance Communities
- Systems Performance Tools and Tuneables
- DTrace Topics
- Chip Level Multiprocessing
- Application Code Optimization
- Solaris Performance Features by Release/Version
- Virtualization Performance
- Application Specific Tuning
- Hardware/Platform Specific Tuning
- Benchmarking, Tools and Workloads
- Assignments and Mini-projects
The performance Wiki is sponsored by the Sun performance engineering teams (PAE, SAE, MDE etc...) at Sun, and is an OpenSolaris community effort.