Solaris Internals and Performance FAQ
Updates to this wiki are available via an RSS Feed.
More information about solarisinternals.com's architecture is [here].
- Need an account? Email siaccount at solarisinternals.com
- A note from Richard: Follow my Twitter and my new blog is here...
- NEOSUG! Slides from the Sep 10, 2008 talk can be found here!
- LISA '09! Solaris Performance Tutorial Slides
- LISA '09! DTrace Tutorial Slides
- CPU Utilization, Run Queues and Load Average - a technical brief
Solaris Performance Wiki
About the Wiki
The Solaris Performance Wiki is a community to provide a go-to reference for the key information related to Solaris Performance. Here we aim to provide a top level index to the essential performance information, by either linking to existing references (blogs etc...) and providing original documentation where necessary. Please update the WishList with items you want to see on the Wiki.
- (Mon March 7 2016) Canonical announced a few weeks ago that ZFS will be included in the next release of Ubuntu Linux, on by default and fully supported. And it?s no exaggeration when Dustin Kirkland describes ZFS as ...
Discussions about these Solaris Performance topics are held via the OpenSolaris Web Site.
- OpenSolaris Performance Community
- OpenSolaris Observability Community
- OpenSolaris DTrace Community
- OpenSolaris ZFS Community
The Solaris Performance Wiki is organized into the following categories:
- Key Solaris Performance Communities
- Systems Performance Tools and Tuneables
- DTrace Topics
- Chip Level Multiprocessing
- Application Code Optimization
- Solaris Performance Features by Release/Version
- Virtualization Performance
- Application Specific Tuning
- Hardware/Platform Specific Tuning
- Benchmarking, Tools and Workloads
- Assignments and Mini-projects