Solaris Internals and Performance FAQ
Updates to this wiki are available via an RSS Feed.
More information about solarisinternals.com's architecture is [here].
- Need an account? Email siaccount at solarisinternals.com
- A note from Richard: Follow my Twitter and my new blog is here...
- NEOSUG! Slides from the Sep 10, 2008 talk can be found here!
- LISA '09! Solaris Performance Tutorial Slides
- LISA '09! DTrace Tutorial Slides
- CPU Utilization, Run Queues and Load Average - a technical brief
Solaris Performance Wiki
About the Wiki
The Solaris Performance Wiki is a community to provide a go-to reference for the key information related to Solaris Performance. Here we aim to provide a top level index to the essential performance information, by either linking to existing references (blogs etc...) and providing original documentation where necessary. Please update the WishList with items you want to see on the Wiki.
- (Wed January 27 2016) But at first: Dear Readers, this article is not for you, it's a text i link in my social network profiles in order to explain some stuff to head hunters. So you can safely ignore it. Kind regards J...
- (Fri January 22 2016) Recently, I made the mistake of rhetorically asking if I needed to spell out why unikernels are unfit for production. The response was overwhelming: whether people feel that unikernels are wrong-hea...
- (Wed January 6 2016) (Quick reminder that this blog represents my own opinion, and not necessarily that of any open source project or employer.)For nearly a year, I've been primary maintainer of nanomsg, a library of comm...
- (Thu December 17 2015) At the beginning of the year, I laid down a few predictions. While I refuse on principle to engage in Stephen O’Grady-style self-flagellation, I do think it’s worth revisiting the headlin...
- (Fri December 11 2015) Those who know me know that I have little love for Microsoft Windows. The platform is a special snowflake, and coming from a Unix background (real UNIX, not Linux, btw), every time I'm faced wit...
Discussions about these Solaris Performance topics are held via the OpenSolaris Web Site.
- OpenSolaris Performance Community
- OpenSolaris Observability Community
- OpenSolaris DTrace Community
- OpenSolaris ZFS Community
The Solaris Performance Wiki is organized into the following categories:
- Key Solaris Performance Communities
- Systems Performance Tools and Tuneables
- DTrace Topics
- Chip Level Multiprocessing
- Application Code Optimization
- Solaris Performance Features by Release/Version
- Virtualization Performance
- Application Specific Tuning
- Hardware/Platform Specific Tuning
- Benchmarking, Tools and Workloads
- Assignments and Mini-projects