Solaris Internals and Performance FAQ
Updates to this wiki are available via an RSS Feed.
More information about solarisinternals.com's architecture is [here].
- Need an account? Email siaccount at solarisinternals.com
- A note from Richard: Follow my Twitter and my new blog is here...
- NEOSUG! Slides from the Sep 10, 2008 talk can be found here!
- LISA '09! Solaris Performance Tutorial Slides
- LISA '09! DTrace Tutorial Slides
- CPU Utilization, Run Queues and Load Average - a technical brief
Solaris Performance Wiki
About the Wiki
The Solaris Performance Wiki is a community to provide a go-to reference for the key information related to Solaris Performance. Here we aim to provide a top level index to the essential performance information, by either linking to existing references (blogs etc...) and providing original documentation where necessary. Please update the WishList with items you want to see on the Wiki.
- (Tue April 14 2015) I recently decided to have a look back at some old stuff I wrote. Blast from the past stuff. One of the things I decided to look at was the very first open source program I wrote -- s...
- (Thu March 26 2015) Bryan on Triton....
- (Thu March 26 2015) Wir haben den Gästen, die sich angemeldet haben, die Nachricht schon vorgestern geschickt, aber hier noch mal für alle, die morgen einfach hätten vorbeischauen wollen: Die Urlaubs- und Krankheitssi...
- (Tue March 24 2015) When Docker first rocketed into the nerdosphere in 2013, some wondered how we at Joyent felt about its popularity. Having run OS containers in multi-tenant production for nearly a decade (and being o...
- (Mon March 23 2015) The latest update to Solaris 11 (SRU 22.214.171.124.0) has a new feature - it can identify physical locations of F40 and F80 PCI SSDs cards - it registers them under the Topology Framework.Here is an exampl...
- (Fri March 20 2015) Solaris SRU 126.96.36.199.0 delivers persistent L2ARC. What is interesting about it is that it stores raw ZFS blocks, so if you enabled compression then L2ARC will also store compressed blocks (so it can s...
- (Fri March 20 2015) Solaris 11 provides "The Remote Administration Daemon, commonly referred to by its acronymand command name, rad, is a standard system service thatoffers secure, remote administrative access to an Orac...
- (Tue March 17 2015) Wie versprochen der Anmeldelink für das Frühstück am 27. März.2015 in Hamburg: Ihr könnt Euch hier für das Oracle Business Breakfast anmelden. ...
- (Fri March 13 2015) Voraussichtlich am 27. März planen wir ein weiteres Oracle Business Frühstück: Dieses Frühstück wendet sich einem etwas hardwarenäherem Thema zu. Oracle bietet eine Reihe von Produkten rund um N...
- (Fri March 6 2015) Bryan Cantrill's take on NetApp vs. ZFS....
- (Wed March 4 2015) I gave a presentation today on the methods and reasons of blogging for Delphix Engineering. One of my points was that presentations make for simple blog posts–practice what you preach! I ga...
Discussions about these Solaris Performance topics are held via the OpenSolaris Web Site.
- OpenSolaris Performance Community
- OpenSolaris Observability Community
- OpenSolaris DTrace Community
- OpenSolaris ZFS Community
The Solaris Performance Wiki is organized into the following categories:
- Key Solaris Performance Communities
- Systems Performance Tools and Tuneables
- DTrace Topics
- Chip Level Multiprocessing
- Application Code Optimization
- Solaris Performance Features by Release/Version
- Virtualization Performance
- Application Specific Tuning
- Hardware/Platform Specific Tuning
- Benchmarking, Tools and Workloads
- Assignments and Mini-projects