Solaris Internals and Performance FAQ
Updates to this wiki are available via an RSS Feed.
More information about solarisinternals.com's architecture is [here].
- Need an account? Email siaccount at solarisinternals.com
- A note from Richard: Follow my Twitter and my new blog is here...
- NEOSUG! Slides from the Sep 10, 2008 talk can be found here!
- LISA '09! Solaris Performance Tutorial Slides
- LISA '09! DTrace Tutorial Slides
- CPU Utilization, Run Queues and Load Average - a technical brief
Solaris Performance Wiki
About the Wiki
The Solaris Performance Wiki is a community to provide a go-to reference for the key information related to Solaris Performance. Here we aim to provide a top level index to the essential performance information, by either linking to existing references (blogs etc...) and providing original documentation where necessary. Please update the WishList with items you want to see on the Wiki.
- (Fri January 30 2015) Bryan Cantrill on SmartOS + Docker. Docker and the Future of Containers in Production from bcantrill ...
- (Fri January 30 2015) I'm a proud owner of the fastest CPU in the world! ...
- (Fri January 16 2015) Recently Oracle integrated persistent L2ARC in ZFS and this is currently available in the ZFS-SA. It is not yet in Solaris 11 but it should be coming soon. Finally!To make the very good news even bett...
- (Fri January 9 2015) Bryan blogged about running Linux Docker containers on SmartOS. Really cool. Now I would love to see something similar in Solaris 11......
- (Mon December 22 2014) Hi there! No time, no see… but I’m back for a good reason! Packt publishing released its SUPER PROMO: $5 E-Book Bonanza! This means that you can buy many titles about many topics for just ...
- (Mon December 15 2014) The registration for the "Oracle Solaris TechDay: Sharing Experiences, Engineering Insights and Outlook"-Event is now online. So you can now register for the event. I think it's really interesting in ...
- (Fri December 12 2014) Solaris 11.2 introduced a new ZFS pool version: 35 Sequential resilver.The new feature is supposed to make disk resilvering (disk replacement, hot-spare synchronization, etc.) much faster. It achieves...
- (Fri December 12 2014) I still don't have the registration page for the Solaris Tech Day in Cologne, but my colleague Franz Haberhauer already put the agenda online for the event in the "Solarium Blog", that takes place in ...
- (Wed December 3 2014) On January 13th, 2015 (yeah, it's really that late in this year that we are talking about schedules in the next year ... time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana) there will be an Solaris T...
- (Wed December 3 2014) Roch Bourbonnais started a series of blog articles about changes to ZFS in oder to improve performance with his article "ZFS Performance boosts since 2010". He published a first article out of this se...
- (Mon December 1 2014) A few days ago, Darren Moffat wrote an interesting article about the inclusion of CVE numbers in the IPS packages. You can read the article here. I just want to give a short example by citing Darren....
Discussions about these Solaris Performance topics are held via the OpenSolaris Web Site.
- OpenSolaris Performance Community
- OpenSolaris Observability Community
- OpenSolaris DTrace Community
- OpenSolaris ZFS Community
The Solaris Performance Wiki is organized into the following categories:
- Key Solaris Performance Communities
- Systems Performance Tools and Tuneables
- DTrace Topics
- Chip Level Multiprocessing
- Application Code Optimization
- Solaris Performance Features by Release/Version
- Virtualization Performance
- Application Specific Tuning
- Hardware/Platform Specific Tuning
- Benchmarking, Tools and Workloads
- Assignments and Mini-projects